Our members participate in White Water River running, lake trips, surfing, play boating, Canadian canoeing, slalom, and sea paddling.
We instruct from absolute beginners up to BCU 3 star standard on the river and we can help arrange instruction for leadership awards and coach development. In the winter members practice and are taught to roll in a nice warm swimming pool.
- 1 Star courses are run between April and September (summer season). At least 8 places available each month. Two 2 hour sessions per week for 4 weeks
- Having completed the 1 Star course you move into the improvers groups
- Between October and March, rolling sessions take place in a local pool for existing members.
Courses are open to all over age 10 who can swim.
- 2 and 3 Star coaching follows on from beginner's sessions throughout the summer season on the river Eden at the Sands. Two 2 hour sessions per week.
- October - March, one 2 hour session per week on Saturday mornings plus rolling sessions take place in a local pool for existing members.
Club river trips tend to take place between October and March and are used to improve skills or just have fun.
- Two sessions per week in summer, one in winter - either improving skills or playing on the Sands rapid
Recent club trips have included:
- the Alps
- the Treweryn in Wales
- Scottish rivers, including the Esk, Etive, Orchy, Roy, Spean, Tay and Spey
- Caldew, Eden, Gelt, Greta, ,Liddle , Lowther, Swale and the Lune
- The Great Glen
- Farne Islands, Skye, Raasay, Summer Isles, Colonsay
- Ullswater, Derwent water and other Northern Lakes
Some of these trips are club events and some are arranged between members. To understand the difference between such events please follow link to a short article based on a letter sent to the parents and guardians of junior members in December 2011